At the Willows School we believe that learning English is fundamental to supporting all aspects of communication. All our learners use the English Language as a foundation on which their learning is based. It is also the medium through which other curriculum areas are experienced.
Through our English curriculum we aim to give our pupils the opportunities to:
- Develop their abilities to communicate and interact with others, to speak, listen and respond in a range of social situations.
- Develop their skills in all four main areas of the English language; Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing.
- Access a wide range of literature which will enhance and widen their experiences.
- Develop their ability to use writing as a communication skill.
- Develop their creativity and imagination through use of language.
At the Willows school the English Curriculum is planned to take into account the needs of all pupils. We take into account the difficulties that individual students experience with communication and English language. We work to build on the strengths of our learners, and support them to overcome areas of weakness.
Entry level English.
English GCSE when applicable.
For more information on Dyslexia Support see English Support section under Staff Teams.